February 1 - 28, 2021

 Happy Black History Month!


In Canada, on the ten dollar bill, is a portrait of Viola Desmond.  I drew her from this reference, and she's purple because that's the colour of the bill.  In 1946, she challenged racial segregation at a movie house in Nova Scotia, by refusing to leave a whites-only floor of the Roseland Theatre.  She worked as a beautician, and had her own business.  She died in 1965.  One of my heroes!


February 2, 2021

Check out T-Nu's YouTube channel, featuring my drawing of cats animated by him!  It's truly awesome!!!!!



February 3, 2021
That I went to a seafood buyer's convention.  There was a giant indoor pool there that you could swim in with the fish.  I bought a "grab bag", for $15.00 and of course, you don't know what's in a grab bag until you open it.  I got a Twinkie from the 1970s that had an expiry date of June 2025 (those things really do last forever!), a bag of caraway seeds for some reason, and a pair of earrings that had previously been owned by Cher.

February 6, 2021
That I was part of an elite team for the FBI.  My assignment was to protect an Ewok that was being hunted by Princess Leia.  His life was in danger until I got him into court alive.  Here he is swearing on a bible.

February 7, 2021
Last night I was dreaming about a friend that I wanted to get in touch with.  I was going to phone him, but in real life, my boyfriend got a message from him on his Facebook that he had lost his cell phone.  Sometimes I believe my dreams are psychic, getting in touch on a level that I can't explain.  In the same dream, I was in the St. Patrick's Day parade, and I went for a costume fitting, and they made me wear a potato one!  I wanted to be a can of beer!  So unfair...

February 11, 2021
That I was in a chair that my Mom gave me.  It has little cat legs on it.  In my dream, I just sat down and it raced to the open door of my apartment, went down the hall and started to go down the stairs at a frightening and rapid pace.  It went down three flights before I woke up in terror!

February 12, 2021


February 13, 2021
...that I was looking in my bathroom mirror, and I was blue with scales.  Even my tongue was blue.  In my dream, everyone looked like this.  People all over the world.  In my dream, I was wondering if the aliens thought we were ugly.

February 14, 2021
Happy Valentine's Day!  Inside this card to my boyfriend, "I only have "i"s for you!

February 17, 2021
...that I was making a wedding cake, then all of a sudden it started to tilt over.  The couple I made it for accepted it anyway, because it reminded them of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.  They happened to be Italian.

February 19, 2021
...About a box of "Turtles" chocolates.  I opened the box, and it was actually full of turtles.  I was so startled, that all of them made their way out of the box.  In my dream, I was finding live turtles months later in places like the kitchen and between the throw pillows on my couch.  I took them to a pet store that had an older gentleman who returned them to Florida where they were from, in his station wagon.

February 24, 2021
Last night I had a dream that I was an extra in a film with Harrison Ford.  There were hundreds of us.  He bought us all ice cream because it was a hot day.  It cost him $1,500.00, but he was good with it.  

February 27, 2021
Last night I had a dream that all the king's horses and all the king's men put Humpty Dumpty back together again with Gorilla Glue.

Back to January 2021                                                        Forward to March 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 1, 2023 - February 29, 2024

September 1 - November 30, 2023

March 30 - May 31, 2024