May 1 - 31, 2021

 

Last night I had a dream about Eglinton Avenue in Toronto.  It has been under construction over the past few years, to build the Crosstown LRT (Light Rail Transit) system.  Previously, it had been one of the busiest streets in mid-town Toronto, but what has happened to it has been devastating for the businesses there.  They were already suffering from all of the construction that had been taking place, slowing down traffic to almost a standstill.  Now, with the COVID-19 lockdowns, it has suffered immeasurably. My dream was that I was on a bus, and I saw a snail out the window that was holding a "SLOW" sign and wearing a construction helmet.  How appropriate!  I have to take that Eglinton Avenue bus every time I see my doctor.


May 6, 2021
Last night I had a dream that I was in a kayak, paddling away, when I saw an iceberg that had polar bears and penguins on it.  I looked up, and realized that the top of the Chrysler Building in New York was poking through.  It then occurred to me, that global warming had reached Manhattan and this was the result.  I woke up when I looked down in the water and saw the Statue of Liberty.

May 8, 2021
Last night I had a dream that I set up an aquarium.  I filled it with a castle and a rock, and some green gravel.  Then I put in seven beautiful fancy goldfish (my favourites)!   I left and went out for a little while, and when I came back, there was only one goldfish.  I couldn't figure out what happened.  Then I saw a tail sticking out of the rock.  It had an eye and some teeth, and I hadn't noticed that it was something alive.  I never did figure out what it was because I woke up.

May 9, 2021


May 12, 2021
Last night I had a dream that I was working on a bonsai every day and nurturing it since I was eleven years old.  In my dream, it took up so much time and I spent years making it into Godzilla.  It was a pine tree.  I sold it for $100,000.00 to Warren Buffet, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, and a famous philanthropist.  He was going to auction it off for a good cause, but he thought about keeping it....

May 20, 2021
Last night I had a dream about a genetically engineered dog.  It was gentle, sweet, cute, and had such a big bladder that it didn't have to pee for 48 hours.  It was the perfect pet.  No more outings at 2:00 in the morning, during heavy rainstorms or blinding snow!

May 24, 2021
Last night I had a dream that I went into a specialty candy store and bought a lollipop that was shaped like a foot.  It was red, so I just assumed that it had a strawberry flavour.  Much to my chagrin, it tasted like a smelly foot.  I tried the blue one, thinking it would taste like blueberry, but it was the same deal.  I passed on the green one.


May 25, 2021
Last night I had a dream about a commercial for a local restaurant that I go to.  In it, they were saying, "Everyone knows that a Turducken is a turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken. (A real thing!)  But why stop there?  Here at Zero's (not their real name), we stuff a pigeon in the chicken, a canary in the pigeon, and a humming bird into the canary!"  In my dream, I vowed never to eat there again.

May 28, 2021
For the last while, I've had a recurring dream that I'm blind and I don't know where I am.  I'm bumping into people and stepping on cats, and I just can't seem to open my eyes.  I think it's still a fear of COVID-19, and that I don't know where I'm going just yet, the likelihood of getting a second vaccination is under speculation here in Canada.

Back to April 2021                                                                   Forward to June 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 1, 2023 - February 29, 2024

September 1 - November 30, 2023

March 30 - May 31, 2024